Objectives: This course is designed to train drivers to a competent standard in both theory and practical, which will enable them to pass the relevant VicRoads testing criteria for theory, skills and practical driving in the category of Heavy Rigid.
Entry Requirements: Drivers participating in this course must have held a Victorian Car Licence for a minimum period of 24 months.
Duration: Your choice of non-synchromesh (18 speed Road Ranger) over an 8, 12 or 13 hour course (Depending on experience) or an 8 speed synchromesh gearbox over 6 or 8 hours (Depending on experience)*
Hourly training is also available upon request.
Course Content: Theory & Practical
- Road Law General
- Driving Tips
- VicRoads Theory Test
- Pre-operational checks
- 90-degree turns
- Braking distance
- Following distance
- Highway driving
- Lane Management
- Gear Selection
- System of vehicle control
- Maintaining safe speed/safe gap
- Correct use of accessories
- Cabin Inspection
- Load Restraint
Resources: Hino with Eaton 8 speed Synchromesh or Stirling (500 HP Detroit)/Western Star (550 HP Cat) with 18 speed Road Ranger Non-Synchromesh gearbox
||Theory Test (if applicable)|
||Skills Assessment (Reverse Test, Cabin Inspection, Vehicle Inspection & Load Restraint)|
Ratio: Student/Instructor Ratio 1:1
- Applicants with on Medication or with a Medical Condition may require a medical Clearance from VicRoads prior to commencement.
- Interstate Licences must be changed over to a Victorian Licence before any Assessment may be undertaken.
- Applicants with an Overseas Licence must have written approval from VicRoads stating licence category eligible.
- Clearance from VicRoads may be required before any Training or Assessment may commence.
*VicRoads criteria will not allow training on international licences. Course times/prices do not guarantee a licence.